Friday, February 22, 2008
Electric Guitar

short-talk:

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't than to live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there it. " --Albert Camus--


Indeed, this is how i will going to live my life! =)



----------------------------------------------


Indubitably, one of my passions is playing musical instruments. Although i am not an extremely talented and brilliant musician, yet i do luxuriate in discovering new music skills and shaping proper music out of it.


Guitar. My second passion after drum. hehe..


Everyone plays guitar. Such an user friendly instrument in point of fact. I have been playing guitar for 7 years and still desiring to improve myself. Lots of things and skills yet to be learned. I started to play the acoustic guitar when i was 13. Neither too young nor too old to start off.


Initially, as newbie as i was, nobody actually guided me and taught me the proper way and chords to play. In that case, i just need to go the extra miles, pull my socks and self-teach myself and start from scratch. Pity me!


At that time, I was only faithful in borrowing guitars from a few of my friends. Even so, thankfully that one of my friends has actually borrowed his guitar to me to practice permanently due to his inconvenience of bringing his guitar to oversea.


Or should i say now, I'm the official owner of it. **evil laugh**



Photobucket


It's an antique already. Apek's guitar. If i'm not mistaken, this guitar has been living on this earth for 12 years. Long life yea. Haiyo, you must know who's the care-keeper ma...which is of cause Johnson! =P


How well do i care for it throughout this 7 years? Take a look.



The body

Photobucket

The initial color of the guitar is actually dark-golden brown. However, the color gradually fades away. Don't ask me why. I do polish it once in a while k.



The Fretboard and Neck

Photobucket

Okay, i know it seems to be contaminated and dirty. Yucks yucks. Ain't antique objects suppose to look uncleaned and unpolished? LOL! All of the guitar's strings are rusty. The strings are actually supposed to be in the silver color, yet they turn out to be so colorful and mismatched after a few touches.


The Head

Photobucket

Dust dust dust everywhere. It's truly filthy. Cluttered wires.


Do you realize that there's no actual brand printed at the top head? Supposedly every guitar should have their own brand printed on. But mine is kinda unique. I mean, very unique. Meaning to say, i have been playing an non-branded guitar all these years. Pretty cool huh...


However, the older it is, the better sound quality it is! Regardless of the antique look, this guitar is still producing fulfilling and harmonious tones. I'm satisfied.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Anyway ...


I am convinced that the time has come. The time has finally come where i think i should get a new guitar. Not a classical or acoustic guitar, but an electric guitar! Yeayea, you heard me.


Mission starts. Went to Lee's Music, Lepo and Les Paul to have a sight of all of the electric guitars. Hopefully somehow and somewhere i can spot on my new sweetheart, Ms Electric guitar.


Of cause, electric guitars do have masses of designs and models. Few things to consider before buying are the numbers of the pickups, the sizes of the fretboard, the pickup selector, the fitting vibrato arm, the tone knobs, the locations of the input jacks and lots lots lots lots more.. Above all, my sweetheart must be comfortable and long-lasting. Of Cause. =P


After several visits to those music shops, i have decided to purchase this guitar.


#tada#


Photobucket

(Picture above is just an illustration of the look)


Don't you think it's just so pretty and presentable? LOL!


The brand for the guitar above is Gibson. If you have no idea how cheap and affordable Gibson's guitar is, allow me to make known to you. It costs approximately Rm6000 only. Four digits brother. **cut throat**


Johnson is not Donald Trump k.


The model that i will and might purchase is Santa Cruz. It's the cheap-pliak version of Gibson's. It's affordable and served with the same design. Plagiarism? Nope, this is however a wise decision. =P


Saving up more money!


Johnson will going to Rock N' Roll around the world soon!





Comments:

HAAA....u NEVER bought a guitar HOR? lai lai...pinjam me urs to practice ba when u got ur new guitar :P

By Blogger abubu, at Friday, February 22, 2008 at 8:52:00 PM GMT+8  

----------------------------------------------------------

abubu: haha.. indirectly, i haven't purchase any. LOL! If i borrow u mine, then u will be the 3rd generation to inherit this guitar. haha.. but i need the acoustic though. Go buy one eh.. very worth de..anyway, welcome to guitar's world! =P

By Blogger Johnson, at Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 12:22:00 AM GMT+8  

----------------------------------------------------------

Johnson, I did notice there is a hole on the guitar which you'd intended to hide it. lolx!

Anyway, I prefer the 24th frets and better pcikups Ibanez..

By Blogger Ezekiel, at Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 11:32:00 AM GMT+8  

----------------------------------------------------------