Monday, August 18, 2008
Bako reviews --Part 1--

short-talk:

And so it is true, Negaraku has never been played publicly in any Olympic... will never?

-------------------------------------------------------------


As mentioned earlier on, i have never heard of Bako until 2 years ago. Now and then, people keep talking about Bako. How nice Bako is. How worth it to get yourself to visit Bako. I envy though.


And the day that i have been yearning for has come to past. Last Sunday.


Knowing for sure that this day will surely be filled with tremendous fun and great adventures, i forced myself to wake up before the sun reached above the horizon and get myself ready. Grabbed my kit, did some stretching and drove my snoozing Myvi to Xiang Xiang Cafe and gathered.


It only took around 40 minutes drive from Kuching to Kampung Bako.


Photobucket

Just ignore that poser. >.<


Just for you information, Bako National Park is an island. So, we need to reach Kampung Bako first, then take a 30 minutes boat ride to Bako island.


Photobucket

In total, we had around 41 students joining us for this trip. Huge group. Supposed to be 42 people but one human overslept. =.=" pig.


Anyhow, wondering why am I standing in front of so many people? Cos' I was none other than the sanguine Camp Commander.


Photobucket

Don't laugh. I know it's funny. 0.O


Even I myself think that my face looked extremely ugly and monstrous. I was not supposed to look like that if you have seen me, just that i happened to accidentally pose such mien and Chris quickly took a snapshot without my acknowledgment. *piak*


Photobucket

Tax collector huh?



Photobucket

Kampung Bako is really a humble and calm living place as seen. Most of the villagers who live here depend very much on their daily catch and transportation of tourists to Bako Park.


Photobucket

The Kampung kampung.


Photobucket

After the settlement of ticket, we quickly rushed ourselves to the jetty and hop on the boat before the alternate sea tide reached low level.


Photobucket

Of course, we get to choose our preferable boat to sit, and i chose this boat:


Photobucket

That's my maroon boat. An aged uncle with a white cap. Excited!


Photobucket

Off and here we go! Manage to spot me on that boat? =P


There are a few possible reasons why it's compulsory to wear the orange safety jacket. First, to keep us safe in case we drown. Secondly, most probably is because that the boat is not in an accountable and utter secure set-up. High possibility of shipwreck. True?


Nonetheless, i did not wear any safety jacket owing to the fact that i have little knowledge of kicking and swimming. At least i know how to float, unlike ...... **wink**


Photobucket

Surely, everyone on boat was so enthusiastic and anxious to know more about Bako. 30 minutes ride was definitely sufficient for everyone on boat to get a buzz of the sea view.


Photobucket


When the puff of wind caressed through your face, such gentle contact was truly beyond descriptions. The uncontaminated and cool air. The not-so-blue sea. Indescribable indeed.


Photobucket

Catching fishes or "Catching snakes"?


Photobucket




Photobucket

This boat that supposed to be behind us overtook us.



Photobucket



Photobucket

Erm.... i don't know what's that. From far it looked like a shark, from a close distance it looked like a (___fill in the blank____)


During the 10-15 minutes of uninterrupted ride, we stumbled upon these splendid views of trees, big rocks, mountains and so forth.



Photobucket

The edge of the rocky island.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Something funny happened. As we were enjoying the magnificent views, out of the sudden, I heard no sound of the engine’s working. At once, I came to a realization that our boat’s actually die down!


Yes! I know it sounds rather jokey and bizarre, but who could have envisioned for such incidence to happen to me. Worst to say, I was in the last boat while others had reached Bako Park. The Camp Commander stuck in the middle of the sea! *yell*


And this was absolutely not what i'm anticipating for. I have not even reached Bako Park and my boat died in the middle of no way??!!

Photobucket

At this moment i regretted of not wearing the safety jacket. *help!*And now i have really realized how important was that orange jacket. **hit my own head** The Camp Commander was trapped in the middle of the sea!!!


Conceivably, to be more encouraging, I purposely took this unexpected occurrence as a planned happening by the inexperienced uncle to grant us more time to enjoy the view. Hmm…


And i spotted this mountain from a far end,

Photobucket

That's Gunung Santubong.


Correct me if i'm wrong. If you notice the mountain slightly longer, it actually looks like a pregnant lady lying down horizontally right?


See it?

After the unwanted sunbathe, the uncle finally managed to regenerate the engine and we continued our voyage.


A couple more minutes later, we finally managed to see the pier.


Photobucket

And so, we were welcomed with some applauses by these

Photobucket

Homo sapiens.


Not only by them, we also had this unanticipated welcoming team,


,Photobucket

Monkey? Yes. Monkey.


Photobucket

Real monkey sitting on the bench!


Goodness, this was really shocking. I had not even prepared myself to meet with these monkeys and they had already welcomed me and others at the front door.


Photobucket

"Where is the cage, Mr Zoo Keeper??!!!" **yell**


Seriously man, i was so so startled when i saw those monkeys in a close distance. Okay okay, i was scare. In Kuching, you see stray dogs and cats scattered around the street; in bako, you will see monkeys, heaps of monkeys jumping around you....!!


Photobucket

Monyet..


And to be frank, these monkeys were not friendly and tame at all! They went super aggressive and confrontational when they encountered we, homo sapiens. When i reached the jetty and saw those monkeys starring at me, i as the Camp Commander tried so hard to hide my fear and showed my boldness in front of the people, still, i failed... i quickly ran towards crowds and concealed myself.


Photobucket

I


Photobucket

hate


Photobucket

monkeys.

By looking at this monkey's hairstyle, it seems like it's trying to imitate David Beckham. Copycat.


Somehow these monkeys did not seem to be that appealing to me. None of their act of appearing attracted me. Hmm.... I just dislike monkey. Forever.


Be that as it may, i was thankful that i did not get shipwrecked with my boatmates in the middle of the sea.


Photobucket


At least, i managed to arrive at Bako National Park in one piece. *grin*


.....to be continued



Comments:

You know what? if you move futher inside Kampung Bako, that will lead you to a hill. SKJ Chung Hua Bako is on the middle of the hill. I worked there for 6 months.. haha!

By Blogger Ezekiel, at Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 12:04:00 AM GMT+8  

----------------------------------------------------------

ezekiel: is it??...wah, i should visit that school some day.

By Blogger Johnson, at Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 9:51:00 PM GMT+8  

----------------------------------------------------------

That's my dad's school....a sister from Chinese church has taught there b4 as well. :D Now I wana go Bako National Park also..see can arrange or not...hehe...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, August 21, 2008 at 2:04:00 PM GMT+8  

----------------------------------------------------------